Ottawa votes for a new city council this fall. We are working hard to ensure the next council makes Ottawa the green capital of Canada.Click here to see how candidates in your ward answered our questions.
Election season has begun in the City of Ottawa! We at Ecology Ottawa have kick-started our own municipal elections campaign to ensure the next city council will be a leader on Ottawa’s most pressing environmental issues; and we need your help.
We want a city council that will:
- prioritize safe, healthy and sustainable modes of transportation that are accessible to everyone;
- protect our trees and waterways so all residents can benefit from a healthy and vibrant natural environment, and;
- show leadership in the fight against climate change and the transition away from our dangerous dependence on fossil fuels.
So if you are willing to help us canvass, or organize an event, enter data, talk to your councilors, raise questions at an all candidate’s debate, then please let us know by contacting Victoria and Derek, our elections campaign coordinators.
Ecology Ottawa is conducting a survey of all municipal candidates around our five core priorities. Each priority area poses two or three questions about how our five campaigns might be implemented. See a background of the campaign and the questions that follow at the links immediately below:
- active transportation and complete streets
- climate change
- stopping the Energy East pipeline;
To see a summary of all five election planks go here.
We've also organized LOTS of election events for you to get involved in. Here are some of the ones still to come:
- 27 October - Get involved with Get Out The Vote 2014!
- TBD - Healthy Watersheds in Orleans/Blackburn - Public Meeting
Keep visiting this page as we will continue to update it as information is released and events are confirmed.
If you don’t have time to volunteer, or are already volunteering on a given campaign, then please feel free to make a donation to support our election work here.