The purpose of this third public consultation is to seek the public’s input on the updated draft concept for the overall park, as well as the more detailed draft concept for the section of the park between Westboro Beach and the proposed Cleary light rail transit station. The proposal includes potential actions to be undertaken in the short to medium term, as well as a medium- to long-term landscape strategy to enhance the park. The plan builds on input received from the public consultation held in May 2015 and from more detailed planning, landscape architecture and engineering expertise. Some of the key ideas that will be presented include the following:
- Creation of better connectivity from local neighbourhoods to the shore with three new, at-grade signalized crossings
- Development of three to six animation nodes at strategic sites to provide a variety of amenities for park users
- Ecological restoration of the shore habitat
- Proposal to better highlight the aquatic habitat with the construction of a boardwalk
- Opportunity to comment on two parkway alignment options to facilitate mobility for all transportation modes and provide more park space on the river
Participate in person:Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Capital Urbanism Lab 100 Sparks Street, 4th Floor Ottawa, OntarioThe format of the event is a roaming workshop. Each segment of the waterfront linear park will be presented at a station, and participants will be free to visit the various stations and fill out a questionnaire.
BOOK EARLY, limited space. Registration is first-come, first-served, and closes at noon on Tuesday, March 22.
Universally accessible. Please let us know if you have any special needs.