Job description Ecology Ottawa Data Management and Communications Intern 40 hrs/week starting immediately for a period of 16 weeks
Ecology Ottawa is looking for a Data Management and Communications Intern to join a dynamic team for a sixteen-week position. Reporting to the Managing Director, the responsibilities of the Data Management and Communications Intern include:
- helping ensure smooth data integration between Ecology Ottawa’s various online platforms (such as our online community organizing system and database, website, Facebook, Twitter and email distribution systems) in order to ensure that the systems are in sync with one another and the organization is learning from and effectively using available data; and
- helping to maximize Ecology Ottawa’s social media presence by supporting social media campaigns and advising the organization.
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following:
- experience working on environmental and social justice issues and a strong desire to work for a more sustainable world;
- excellent English written and oral communication skills (French language skills are an asset);
- strong research skills;
- strong computer skills, particularly involving databases;
- experience with social media tools;
- the ability to take initiative on projects and work independently; and
- the ability to be creative, flexible and adaptable.
- are between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of placement;
- are a post-secondary graduate and can provide proof (2 years minimum) of college or university;
- are unemployed or underemployed at the time of placement;
- can commit to a full time internship;
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- are not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits (this does not apply if you are participating in the Employment Services component of Skills Link); and
- are in need of assistance in order to overcome employment barriers.
Period: 40 hours per week for 16 weeks. Starts immediately.
To apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resumé to [email protected]. Only complete applications sent by email will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants will be considered as they apply. We thank all those who apply, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information about Ecology Ottawa, please visit our website at ecologyottawa.ca.