Do you enjoy being outdoors?
Are you passionate about environmental issues and comfortable communicating with others?
Ecology Ottawa is seeking self-motivated environmentalists to join our door-to-door canvass team! Our outreach canvass raises awareness of our issues on the doorstep, and raises funds to support our projects and campaigns.
- The hours are 4:00pm to 9:00pm weekdays, number of days a week flexible (option for weekend days as well).
- Great summer/student job for the right person.
- No experience necessary, all training provided.
- Must be interested in learning how to fundraise for social change
- It's all weather and outside, you have to love the hot days and the rain.
- Some people find it hard to deal with rejection — not everyone is as interested in what we do as you are.
- You need to be reasonably fit – we walk a lot!
- Learn great transferable skills — communication, people skills, fundraising.
- Gain confidence in yourself that can last a lifetime.
- You can make good money, get exercise instead of being stuck in an office all summer, all while helping grow a grassroots organization.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Ecology Ottawa is the city’s leading grassroots environmental organization. We are working to make Ottawa the green capital of Canada and our environmental Canvassers play a critical role in helping to build a truly city-wide voice for the environment at City Hall.